How We Multiply
Truth is two-fold: spiritual and physical.
Jesus wanted people to know who God is and what it looks like to live a life with God. He also cared about people’s basic physical needs.
Jesus’ command to “Go and make disciples” is central to all we do at Spoken Worldwide. Our Orality Coaching and Pastor Development Programs engage local leaders in the work of multiplying themselves, and disciples, for the expansion of God’s Kingdom. We do this through employing a holistic ministry model, recognizing that spiritual and physical truth cannot be separated; but are interwoven by God’s design. Similarly, we believe God has imbued each culture with an unique expression of Himself, adding richness to the Global Church. Therefore, we encourage local leaders to customize program content, adapting it to their community’s worldview, while remaining faithful to God’s Word. All of these actions are taken with oral learners in mind – equipping those who can’t, won’t or don’t read to carry forward the message and hope of God’s love. In aligning with local practices, these messages are often shared through stories, songs, poetry, proverbs, dance and drama.
Though our mission and methodology are uniform in every place we work, our ministry expresses itself through two types of partnership – Orality Coaching Projects and Pastor Development Programs.
Pastor Development Programs:
- Work with partnering ministries to develop infrastructure, providing external resources as needed, to promote a sustainable ministry among oral learners.
- Support ministries through a shepherding and mentoring relationship, helping administrate programs until they reach maturity.
Pastor Development Programs are manifested in a 3+ year program aimed at developing a biblical theology through the use of stories, songs, dramas and poetry. Over the lifetime of a program, each book of the Bible begins to be addressed, building towards a comprehensive understanding of God’s work across history.
As content is recorded and ready to be shared through a team of local leaders, a disciple-making movement is created where each person involved becomes responsible for discipling a small group of emerging leaders that in time will do the same – thus creating a multiplying effect.
We find this ministry model creates a sustainable movement over time that effectively touches evangelism, discipleship, pastor development and church planting – all for an audience of non-readers.
Oral Bible Translating Initiatives:
- Work with local communities and mission agencies to provide Scripture that is accurate and natural – without words on a page. Research suggests most of the remaining Bibleless language groups around the world (~2,000) represent oral cultures. This means the greatest translation need of today is a Bible produced by oral cultures, for oral cultures.
At Spoken, equipping leaders and creating effective communications strategies to see lives truly transformed is our ultimate goal. So, we’re not interested in just creating “Oral Bible” passages, but also training and encouraging the local church to utilize what’s produced to equip believers for the work of the Gospel.
Oral Bible Translation allows God’s message to simultaneously overcome language and learning barriers, so that the focus of Oral learners can be entirely on what God is saying, rather than the medium through which it comes.
Orality Coaching Projects:
- Work closely with partnering ministries, utilizing their existing infrastructure and resources to equip leaders in a solid approach to making and multiplying disciples of oral learners.
- Support ministries through a training and coaching relationship, developing internal personnel for ministry among oral communities.
This program is designed for ministries who want to increase their capacity for work among non-readers. If you feel your organization could benefit from Spoken’s Orality Coaching, please contact us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to talk through partnership possibilities.